Saturday, December 1, 2012

Observing Myself As I Waste Time

11/30/2012, I woke up around 10 in the morning and immediately turned on my iPod to check my Facebook and email. Afterwards I skipped breakfast and part of lunch to play some games on my Xbox. At around 2 P.M. I decided to finally go eat, telling myself afterwards I would work on my homework. After eating I watched TV for a couple of hours checking my iPod every 15 to 20 minutes. I completely forgot about my homework. I kept playing Xbox after watching TV and was online chatting with friends for the rest of the day. I did not realize I had wasted so much of my time until I checked the clock and realized my day had gone by. At this moment I recognized that I need help. Technology is taking over my time.



"Help!"
(Picture taken by me)
Not help as in, I’m addicted to technology, but technology has a lot to do with how I manage my time. My time now revolves around technology. The time I spend listening to music, to the time I spend playing video games, and even when it comes to checking my email do I lose track of time. I mentally do schedules of what I’ll be doing and how long will I be doing it during the day, but I never write it down and easily get distracted thinking, “I will have the time to do it later.” Technology does help me get connected with my friends and classmates, but there is so much to it, the amount of things I can easily get distracted with do not help me get anything done.
I’m surprised by what I found out about myself. I thought that because I had a mental schedule of my day I would actually do it, but I had never felt so not in control of my time. Everyone gets distracted every once in a while by the technology we have around us, all we have to do is manage our time better. There are many things I do in one day that I can change, one thing I will start with is making time management a priority.
Do you have the same issue as me? Take a look at this, you can start changing those little bad habits with the help of this video.


:] Thank you for reading my blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment