Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I am... Technologically Me


Me and Sarah Williams.
Me as singing hyper clown in the play "He Who Gets Slapped."
(Picture taken by me :] )
Hello! My name's Leticia Bridget Carrasco.
Anyway, skipping to the interesting stuff now. I'm a video gamer by heart, believer of science, starving artist (both in theatre and in the arts), stitched together with ink and imagination.
At the moment I am searching and developing theatre and stage skills. My most recent part in a play was in "He Who Gets Slapped, The Musical." Thanks to Chip Straley and the cast this has been far yet one of the most amazing experiences I've had working on stage.

My last year in high school I was the president of the video game club. It was the most satisfying and heartwarming experience. At school video gamers were stereo typed as lazy and nerdy. I turned such a stereo type into a much better one, a hard working group of people who love video games. Technology has not only followed me to this point in my life, but has been also introduced into the world of art in my life.


I also paint, sketch, feed my inner soul. It's a different type of "yoga" for me. I sometimes use "tablets" to paint on my computer, it's so much neater and any mistake can be easily fixed. I sometimes use the internet to look up other artists and get inspired by their words or art. The thing that sucks about this is that sometimes I feel the need to draw something that is closely the same as to what they have and does not let me be creative. It sucks to say, but even in art can there be plagiarism.
Inspired by a friend of mine, Tino Garza. Painted by me.
And I love the psychedelic band Infected Mushroo. http://infected-mushroom.com/
What is even more amazing is that I work for them. They might be all the way in Los Angeles, California, but because of the internet I can connect to them and work from miles away fixing their websites, posting and updating information on their facebook, etc. I don't think I would have the chance to be working with such a great musical band if it wasn't for the internet. It might some times distract me from doing homework or cleaning my room, but cleaning my room wouldn't have given me the chance to find a job and work for a band.
 
There is much more about me, I'm not much of a cellphone user, only when it comes to work or school. My fellow AWC classmates are probably more cellphone needy than me. I listen to music on my iPod, but I am mostly a computer and an Xbox user. I know of many classmates who share the same taste as me when it comes to technology. We some times send each other funny pictures through text in the middle of class, send a picture messege of the notes we might have missed, technology keeps us connected in one way or another.
I love silly videos, I am straight forward, and hopefully you keep reading these blogs to find out more about me and we can share this weird and new adventure of blogging and technology.


(Video Not related, but related to my likes :D)

8 comments:

  1. Hi, grandma. It is I, your awesome grandaughter, ANAHIIIII!!!!! <3 I love your blog :) And you make an awesome clown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to play Assassins Creed! Do you have it for the ps3? If you do can I borrow it?

    Very nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Blog. I especially love the literal trailer those are always awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an amazing blog Letti. It's good to see you're still very much into all that expressionistic movement stuff .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I might have been kicked out of Drama class, but they never took the acting away from me! :]

      Delete
  5. You have a very nice blog. I really like how everything is set up. By the way I did go and watch "He who gets slapped" good play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Haha thanks! Mind me asking, which day did you go see it? :]

      Delete