Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Arizona Western College Student's view on Technology

I decided to interview an Arizona Western College student who I always see with his cellphone. While in class, outside of class, in the middle of a conversation he would take his phone out and text. Never the less I asked him some questions on his point of view and usage of technology. These were his answers:

Matt Red
(Picture taken by Me)
Interview questions-
Red, Matt. Text. 1 Dec. 2012.

Q: “Do you use any technological devices to communicate with others, work, and to get informed other than your cellphone daily?”

A: “No, I use my iPhone for all those things.”

Q: “What is it, other than calling/texting, that you use your cellphone for?”

A: “Emailing, Google to look up movies, to listen to music, mostly for entertainment.”

Q: “What would you do if you didn't have your cellphone?”

A: “I'd have no contact with anybody, I'd have no idea what's going on, I would be bored. When I'm around people I am fine, but when I am alone I HAVE TO have it.”

Q: “Because of the ever changing tech (cellphones, video game systems, etc) do you believe it is important to keep updated with it or does it matter? “

A: “I don't pay attention to those updates. To some it is important but not to me. I'm fine with slightly outdates technology.”

Q: "How is technology helping/not helping students these days?"

A: "It's giving students more opportunities and chances to learn using different methods. Technology helps expand the way teachers teach and the way students learn."


Matt Red is one of many students who depend so much on their phone. IPhones now are like mini computers and can be taken everywhere. Some students though are too dependent on technology, "I'd have no idea what's going on." At least he sees something positive other than technology being used for entertainment; he believes that it can be used in benefit to help teach students in new creative ways.

         Fun and short video relating to kids from today interacting with technology from the 1980's.

No comments:

Post a Comment